Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Uma Thurman, you look just like me

The truth is, Uma Thurman is a solid 3 inches taller than me. She's also 8 years older than me and is light years beyond me in glamour, poise and material wealth. However, despite these undeniable truths, I often hear how much I look like her. In fact, I have actually been mistaken for her several times in my life.  I've had groups of people cheer and chant "Uma" when I walked by, I've been offered preferred tables at busy restaurants, I've had people demand to see my ID to prove I'm not Uma Thurman, I've even had to turn down requests for autographs (sorry Uma, I don't know your policy on signing and I've no clue what your signature looks like, maybe I should google these things ...).

I wonder whether anyone has ever mistakenly called her Anna? Probably not, but who knows, in certain circles my reputation certainly proceeds me ...

At any rate, here are two photos, one of her and one of me, see if you can tell which is which ..

In related news, I'd also like to share this photo which may or may not represent both Uma and myself in a bikini, I don't know yet what the fate of my stomach will be, but once again, I sincerely appreciate that not all celebrities go the tummy-tuck route and still manage to look good in their (somewhat jelly belly) skin ...



3 comments:

  1. Can you swing a samurai sword?

    ReplyDelete
  2. who do you think taught her those moves Stover?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YO TWIN!

    Hahaha, I think this was one of the first things I brought up when we first met back at Accenture. In the days of yore.

    ReplyDelete