Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Get in shape girl!

It has been 11 months since Asa was born (as of 2 am tomorrow morning) and I am officially freaking out. Not about how quickly he's growing up, although that is scary, but about my belly.

I mean, wtf? It's been 11 months since he was born. It's been like 20 months since I got pregnant, which means it been close to two years since I had sleek, toned, flat abs. I've got a mommy pooch and it's keeping me up nights.

I think what's even worse than the pooch though are these sickening little round bits of flesh on either side of my waist that can only be described as "love handles".  Well guess what world, I can't handle the handles. I can't handle the pooch.

As of this moment Anna M.K. Lofgren Thorner is on a new health kick, not a diet, a health kick - remember that. The way I see it I have four weeks to get in shape before I'm officially stuck in the mom body for all eternity. I refuse to be a statistic. I will overcome! So, starting now I will let you know what I eat and what exercise I manage to do. It may not be award winning writing but you can give me your hints and tips and stuff and maybe, together, we can get me back to my bikini-body days.

So far today I had a "low-fat" blueberry muffin, an ice decaf with milk, a bowl of raisin bran and a chai and about 30oz of water. And I walked for about 30 minutes around the block with the family this morning, so all in all, off to a good start. Now, if I can avoid the fatty lunch temptation that will be a real triumph ... wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment