Thursday, June 16, 2011

Twix and other temptations

Day two (actually we haven't even hit 24 hours yet but whatever) of my new health kick. The update is that around 2pm yesterday I started craving a Twix somethin' awful. So I went to the store to see what sort of "healthy" chocolate bar I could find. Sadly, Twix, Snickers, M&M's and even just a bar of dark chocolate are not what I would consider healthy.

I ventured further into the store and found the diet isle where they had surprisingly large selection of power/fiber/diet bars. Another five minutes spent reading every label and I settled on a Cliff Bar. It was so called "chocolate chip" but in all honesty there were only about 7 morsels of chocolate in the whole bar.

Dang.

Anyway, I ate it slowly to try and relish every moment. It was good enough that I'd do it again but not so good that I feel it beats out a nice Cadbury's Dark Chocolate.

The good news is the rest of the day was fairly healthy. A chef salad for lunch, lentils and another salad for dinner. Then some chips and dip (but hey, a girl cannot live on salad alone) and then of course some delicious frozen yogurt to wrap the day up.

Oh, and I did 125 crunches so suck it pudgy belly, you are on your way out!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.divine.ca/en/fitness-and-nutrition/exercise-finder/c_266/

    That website it good. It lets you pick areas you want worked out and then gives you pages of exercises.

    ReplyDelete