Sunday, May 8, 2011

mother's day

I'd like to wish all the other mother's out there a happy mother's day, I hope yours was as great as mine! Today was the day that I let go of the guilt, for the very first time since Asa was born and it was liberating.

When Asa woke up at 5am and I couldn't nurse him back to sleep, I didn't feel guilty when Jeff got up with him and let me sleep (okay, I felt guilty but I successfully ignored and went back to sleep). When I rolled over nearly two hours later and realized I'd been snoozing all that time, my first instinct wasn't to jump out of bed in a tizzy but instead to roll over, stretch and take in the beautiful day outside the window.

Later, when Asa has pooped his diaper for probably the fifth time today, I didn't feel guilty when Jeff offered to change it yet again. I let him and he didn't give me any crap about it ... please tell me you got that (hit the like button if you did).

Long story short, today was a perfect day. We all took two naps, ate a smoothie, played outside, ate a delicious Indian dinner and I felt like a pampered princess. Thanks Jeff for taking such great care of me, I'm sure I'll be wracked with guilt about it all tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. http://pinterest.com/pin/20659690/

    Happy Mothers Day :-)

    ReplyDelete