Wednesday, April 20, 2011

How much wine was in that alcohol?

That's a direct quote from last night. I want to personally thank the people at Trader Joe's for selling a pretty damn good bottle of red for the rock bottom price of $3.99. I'd also like to thank my husband Jeff, for encouraging me to drink cheap wine. If it weren't for this serendipitous aligning of the stars, last night might never have been as great as it was.

A warm spring evening, a stroll through the neighborhood, the scent of flowers on the air, Asa swinging his legs happily in the stroller ... Midnight frolicking with the other dogs in the big back yard, Asa giggling ... Jeff home from a good day at work, playing with the baby while I cook up what turned out to be a delicious (and visually very pretty) Chicken Biryani. Asa settles in to bed at 8pm, crack open the wine, eat some biryani, watch a little Burn Notice (gotta love it). And before we knew it, I'd had two glasses of smooth, rich and intoxicating Grenache blended unfiltered wine.

The cheeks get rosy, the attitude gets rosy, we're laughing our asses off at nothing and yawning like we haven't slept in 9 months (we haven't).  Before I know it it's 9:30 and Jeff is calling it quits for the night, still recovering from our 4:30am wake up call the day before. On the way up the stairs I realize just how tipsy (fine, drunk) I am and I ask Jeff, "How much wine was in that alcohol??".

Fits of giggles ensue and a classic Annaism is born.

1 comment: